Saturday 18 May 2013

Locker hooking

Today I have been attempting to finish off a rug project I started some time ago and due to one thing and another have still failed to finish ! I think we have all had a project like that that had been started with enthusiasm but has been shoved to one side by the day to day events of living ! Anyhooo .. This project is a locker hooked rug . I first came across locker hooking a couple of years ago and after trying it out quickly became hooked ... Geddit ? .. Oh dear !
Anyway it's a technique I strongly recommend to anyone who fancies trying out a new craft , it's very versatile , easy to learn and requires very little equipment to get started so its a good technique if you want to try something new but don't wish to commit to having to purchase lots of expensive supplies . It can be used to make rugs, bags , wall decorations , bracelets ..you name it really . There is a fab little tutorial here that can help you get started. Hope you enjoy ! In the meanwhile here is a quick pic of my rug .. I'm off to try and get it finished ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment